Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Meeting My Spirit Guide

I have been aware of my Spirit Guide for about 3 years now. I particpated in a guided meditation online once in which the purpose was to meet our "Guardian Angel". The leader of the meditation guided us along quite an intricate path but it was easy to follow. We came to a door and then crossed through it. On the other side of this door was to be our "Angel".

When I walked through the door, I was in a "room". In this room there was a stone floor, rather like flagstone. The ceiling was sort of low but I couldn't determine what it was made of. I didn't see any walls at all. They were somewhere in the darkness beyond. It was cool there. I almost felt like I was in a cave but for the flat, laid stone floors. However, in front and to the side stood a large torch in the floor. It lit a small area. Beside it stood a man. He was quite magnificent with black hair that fell just below his shoulders and shimmering blue eyes. There were no halos and no wings here! My first thought was "Wow! He doesn't LOOK like an angel!" Suddenly he chuckled as if he heard what I thought. In hind sight, I know he did. But I walked forward and he said, "My name is..... and I will NEVER leave you!" I was too awed to speak for a moment but then I started sputtering with dozens of questions. Of course it was that moment the leader started calling us back. He smiled and said, "Go! I'm always with you." Then the leader guided us back out of the meditation.

For at least a month after this, I would call his name regularly just to be sure he was there. :) Now, I know he is with me always for I always feel his presence and his guidance has been invaluable to me. He walks with me when I go on guided meditations, when I've done past life regression sessions he is always at my side. When I travel astrally, he is my companion.

I must say I was somewhat surprised that he didn't look or act "angelic" until recently I learned that Angels were not always the Christian conception of angels. Now, rather than considering him an angel, I consider him my spirit guide. He also takes on the form of my totem animal at times. My heart races everytime I see a magnificent Hawk flying near me. (smile)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You said: "I must say I was somewhat surprised that he didn't look or act "angelic" until recently I learned that Angels were not always the Christian conception of angels."

This begs the question of what a Christian conception of angels is. All too often what people think is the Christian conception owes more to Dante and renaissance artists than the New Testament. The irony for me is, reading your post, that early Greco-Roman pagan art is more likely to feature angels with wings and halos than the Judeo-Christian scriptures. In fact I can't find a single halo reference in any of these writings. If the truth be known, the halo actually derived from sol-invictus art. Halo ~ helos ~ the sun disk. So in fact, your experience sounds more Christian than pagan to me :-) I'd invite you to read what the New Testament genuinely says. You may be in for a surprise.

8:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Website Counter