Sunday, January 01, 2006

A new chapter

Today is the start of a new year and with it, the start of a new chapter in our lives. As I sit and face the empty pages of the year that are yet to be written, I think on what my goals are for the new year. Oddly enough, it seems the goals I have are not new ones but rather, continuation of old goals. For me, 2006 will be a chance to dig deeper. So, I'd like to share my goals here:

1) My doctor's have warned me that I have a higher chance than normal of losing my hearing due to severe damage of my inner ears as well as my ear drums due to repeated infections. Because of this, it seems prudent to learn sign language so, as part of our homeschooling, my children and I have started learning sign language. So, one of my goals for 2006 is to increase my sign language vocabulary and to use it more frequently.

2) I love needlework! I've been quite the addict since 2000 and my love for this artform only deepens with each passing day. I never tire of taking needle in hand and using it to create beautiful pictures. So 2006 will see a continuation of that work but I also plan to learn a new art/craft. At this time, I'm thinking of something with dried gourds. However, I also plan to get back into beadweaving.

3) I recently started learning about Numerology through a course at Decoz Numerology. I am really enjoying learning this and find it endlessly fascinating. Hans Decoz is very thorough in his explainations of how numerology works as well as showing how to calculate the various numbers in the chart. Its far more intricate than I had expected. So, for 2006 I intend to continue learning the intricacies of Numerology

4) I enjoy writing. Whether in my blogs, email, journals, etc, I really like putting words on paper or on the computer. This year, I have set a goal to write more often. I haven't found my "story" yet, but sooner or later, it will come to me. So in the meantime, I'll just keep writing whatever suits me at the moment.

5) I feel the need to strengthen my relationship with the God & Goddess of my spiritual path. 2006 will see me working on that relationship and one of the ways I intend to do that is with regular meditation. I love the feeling it brings to me.

6) I have gotten into the very bad habit of second guessing myself on most things. I have officially ended that practice and from this day forward, I will trust my instincts.

7) My family and I are moving to another state. At long last we will be leaving Florida and we are very much looking forward to it.

8) Ever since I was given a vision, I have been planning to build a Sanctuary. It will be a place where people can come to escape the world for a short time in total privacy. I have a wide variety of facilities in mind and 2006 will see the beginnings of making the Sanctuary a reality in a place other than my mind and heart.

I encourage everyone to set goals for themselves for the New Year. Don't waste time with resolutions. They are too easily forgotten. Instead, set goals and work toward achieving them. Fill the pages of your new chapter with all of your dreams brought to life. After all, life isn't a dress rehearsal. It is the real thing!

Peace be the journey my friends,
Dreamweaver
Hit Counter
Website Counter