Saturday, January 07, 2006

Epiphany

Not the religious holiday but the moment of manifestation of divine power. That point at which we understand something on all levels.

Yesterday was a day of epiphanies for me. As I related some particular skills I have to a dear friend in the context of trying to figure out what to do with my life, I suddenly realized that I don't have to choose one over the others. I can incorporate each of them into my life! What an amazing thought that was and how liberating. I no longer have to agonize over what path I need to travel. Truly it has been agony as I've felt the need to be of service to the world at large and to make some kind of difference. I didn't want a "job". I wanted a career. Something that I could put my heart and soul into and that meant something to me other than a paycheck. Truth be told, the paycheck part has always been the least of my concerns though I was always mindful of making certain the bills get paid. I'm far too Virgo to not be responsible.

When I realized I could use all my skills and had no need to make a choice, I no longer feared making the wrong choice. That had been a tremendous hinderance to me. But now that I no longer have to do choose, I can easily see how they all work together to create a larger picture. In hindsight, my astrology and numerology were correct in that I couldn't see the forest because of the trees. ha ha In this case, the trees were the individual skills and I couldn't see the forest, and consequently my path through it, because I was so busy trying to decide which tree was the best of the lot.

Now I see that I can build the Sanctuary I have seen in a vision and help people without giving up on my crafts or my writing and vice versa. Keeping up with my crafts and writing doesn't mean I have to give up the vision of Sanctuary.

Along those lines, I later had yet another epiphany. Have you ever had one of those moments in time that an idea comes to you, fully formed? It is as if it were meant for you alone and no one else. Just such a thing happened to me yesterday after my first revelation of the day. In regards to my writing, in recent days I had thought on what to write about. What is my story? Well, nothing had come up. Again, I couldn't see the forest because of the trees. Then yesterday, when my mind was on a craft project I was working on (crocheting a shawl), it suddenly came to me. My writing will be in the form of a website. Immediately after that, the name and plot were there, in my mind, fully formed. "Oh, but that is too simple," I thought. I looked up the name and sure enough, it was available! It is just utterly amazing to me that it hadn't been taken already. I immediately purchased the domain name and after my move in February, I'll be going online with the site. In the meantime, I'll be working on the site design and the initial content. I am very much looking forward to going online with this and sharing it with the world.

Dreamweaver
Hit Counter
Website Counter